Monday 5 October 2009

Abbs

This is my first poem about my wonderful God daughter, Abbie-Leigh

My world explodes into a billion particles of dust
and dissipates into the wind, each time your eyes,
like bright blue suns, meet mine.

I am suspended in a timeless world
of pink cotton candy cuddles, kisses, smiles and giggles,
where nothing else matters, but us.
And I'm tattered and torn and worn down into the ground
With no one left to love, except you.

So each time you wave goodbye and I'm left on the step
with nothing but a fading trickle of your smell,
lingering in the air, I indulge for a moment,
then turn back inside to pull cotton candy
from the bottoms of my pockets to add to the collection.

Because I fear that one day my world won’t ever blaze blue
Or have time twist still into pink.
And a wave goodbye would be the one thing
I'd be trying to forget

No comments:

Post a Comment